Common Mistakes 25 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        I have watched some films late.
American Style        I have watched some films lately.
       
Chinese Style        I was only late five minutes but Mary was already gone.
American Style        I was only five minutes late but Mary was already gone.
       
Chinese Style        Lorna likes the kitten. I like it either
American Style        Lorna likes the kitten. I like it too.
       
Chinese Style        Edward never went to a party, so did David.
American Style        Edward never went to a party, neither did David.
       
Chinese Style        I will go but I have not finished my homework too.
American Style        I will go but I have not finished my homework yet.

Chinese Style        She is yet talking on the phone.
American Style        She is still talking on the phone.
       
Chinese Style        Michelle is working hardly for the test.
American Style        Michelle is working hard for the test.
       
Chinese Style        Veronica is a hard student.
American Style        Veronica is a hard-working student
       
Chinese Style        He worked enough hard that he finally became a billionaire.
American Style        He worked so hard that he finally became a billionaire.
       
Chinese Style        We have never been to so a nice place.
American Style        We have never been to such a nice place.

No comments: