Common Mistakes 10 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        She married old.
American Style        She married late in life.
       
Chinese Style        I saw it on the newspapers.
American Style        I read ( saw ) it in the newspapers.
       
Chinese Style        He is a liar, and you are one too.
American Style        He is a liar, and you are too.
       
Chinese Style        Open page 20 of your books.
American Style        Open your books to page 20.
       
Chinese Style        Our Chinese students are diligent.
American Style        We Chinese students are diligent.
       
Chinese Style        Don't make the office out of order.
American Style        Don't leave the office in a mess.


Chinese Style        I like to paint this door to black.
American Style        I'd like to paint this door black.
       
Chinese Style        I have a Chinese pen friend.
American Style        I have a Chinese pen pal.
       
Chinese Style        Give me a phone.
American Style        Give me a phone call.
       
Chinese Style        Is there any place for me in the car.
American Style        Is there any room for me in the car.
       
Chinese Style        Let's play together.
American Style        Why don't you come over ?
       
Chinese Style        I was very pleasant today.
American Style        I had a very good time today.

No comments: