Common Mistakes 18 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        The patient felt much better in the morning than afternoon.
American Style        The patient felt much better in the morning than in the afternoon.
       
Chinese Style        What we need is the most perfect plan.
American Style        What we need is a most perfect plan.
       
Chinese Style        Which of these two shirts do you prefer more.
American Style        Which of these two shirts do you prefer.
       
Chinese Style        No sooner had I arrived home when it began to rain.
American Style        No sooner had I arrived home than it began to rain.
       
Chinese Style        Mike found it more easier to work out a mathematical problem than to write a poem.
American Style        Mike found it easier to work out a mathematical problem than to write a poem.

Chinese Style        Charles loves Angel more than Simpson.
American Style        Charles loves Angel more than Simpson does.
       
Chinese Style        I saw where my mistakes lay and how to make up for them.
American Style        I saw where my mistakes lay and how I could make up for them.
       
Chinese Style        My archrival, Frankie, he scored very high marks in the last test..
American Style        Frankie, my archrival, scored very high marks in the last test.
       
Chinese Style        I felt very difficult to deal with this physics problem.
American Style        I found it very difficult to deal with this physics problem.
       
Chinese Style        The general meeting is scheduled to be held this afternoon at three.
American Style        The general meeting is scheduled to be held at three this afternoon.
       
Chinese Style        She ran into her boyfriend yesterday morning in Fair Avenue..
American Style        She ran into her boyfriend in Fair Avenue yesterday morning.

No comments: