Common Mistakes 9 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        Here is a pair of nice shoes.
American Style        Here is a nice pair of shoes.
       
Chinese Style        Is this seat empty.
American Style        Is this seat taken.
       
Chinese Style        Don't be noisy.
American Style        Be quiet.
       
Chinese Style        It is not of only your business.
American Style        It is none of your business.
       
Chinese Style        I will do anything I can do for you.
American Style        I will do anything I can for you.
       
Chinese Style        This is the key of my room.
American Style        This is the key to my room.


Chinese Style        I am going to take a two-year course of English.
American Style        I am going to take a two-year course in English.
       
Chinese Style        He treated me very friendly.
American Style        He treated me in a friendly way.
       
Chinese Style        This is the largest department store of the world.
American Style        This is the largest department store in the world.
       
Chinese Style        It's a novel of three volumes.
American Style        It's a novel in three volumes.
       
Chinese Style        He is a student of Harvard University.
American Style        He is a student at Harvard University.
       
Chinese Style        Do you know the meaning of the word of bumpy ?
American Style        Do you know the meaning of the word bumpy ?
       
Chinese Style        He had a child of his former wife.
American Style        He had a child by his former wife.

No comments: