Common Mistakes 12 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        This steak is soft.
American Style        This steak is tender.
       
Chinese Style        His new book will be sold well.
American Style        His new book will sell well.
       
Chinese Style        There're a lot of sparrows stopping on the telephone lines.
American Style        There're a lot of sparrows sitting on the telephone lines.
       
Chinese Style        He hit me strongly.
American Style        He hit me hard.
       
Chinese Style        My pay cannot support my living.
American Style        My pay is not enough to live on.
       
Chinese Style        He wants to establish a sweet home.
American Style        He wants to establish a happy home.


Chinese Style        Why don't you take a driving license.
American Style        Why don't you get a driving license.
       
Chinese Style        Last year I went to Seattle. I liked there very much.
American Style        Last year I went to Seattle. I liked it very much.
       
Chinese Style        My mother likes to drink thick tea.
American Style        My mother likes her tea strong.
       
Chinese Style        I think it will not rain tomorrow.
American Style        I don't think it will rain tomorrow.
       
Chinese Style        Is your camera this kind ?
American Style        Is your camera like this ?
       
Chinese Style        His house was struck by thunder last night.
American Style        His house was struck by lightning last night.

No comments: