Common Mistakes 17 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        More than one convict were sentenced to death.
American Style        More than one convict was sentenced to death.
       
Chinese Style        One of my students have sent me a birthday card.
American Style        One of my students has sent me a birthday card.
       
Chinese Style        Sophie is one of the most intelligent students that has ever existed in our school.
American Style        Sophie is one of the most intelligent students that have ever existed in our school.
       
Chinese Style        Reading detective stories are my favorite passtime.
American Style        Reading detective stories is my favorite passtime.
       
Chinese Style        " Snow White and the seven Dwarfs " are a very popular fairy tale.
American Style        " Snow White and the seven Dwarfs " is a very popular fairy tale.

Chinese Style        Five hundred miles are a long distance.
American Style        Five hundred miles is a long distance.
       
Chinese Style        Either you or he are the one who stole the watch.
American Style        Either you or he is the one who stole the watch.
       
Chinese Style        The quality of these products is more superior than that of the others.
American Style        The quality of these products is superior to that of the others.
       
Chinese Style        The living standard in Japan is higher than Korea.
American Style        The living standard in Japan is higher than that in Korea.
       
Chinese Style        My younger brother is taller than me.
American Style        My younger brother is taller than I.
       
Chinese Style        Which of the two girls is the most intelligent.
American Style        Which of the two girls is more intelligent.

No comments: