Common Mistakes 13 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        My grandmother lived to eighty-five.
American Style        My grandmother lived to be eighty-five.
       
Chinese Style        I have a lot of work to be done.
American Style        I have a lot of work to do.
       
Chinese Style        To drink too much is bad for one's health.
American Style        Drinking too much is bad for one's health.
       
Chinese Style        Today is hot.
American Style        It's hot today.
       
Chinese Style        My father will be home today afternoon.
American Style        My father will be home this afternoon.
       
Chinese Style        What is the total sum ?
American Style        How much does it come to ?


Chinese Style        We changed our train at Woodland.
American Style        We changed trains at Woodland.
       
Chinese Style        I traveled to Europe.
American Style        I made a trip to Europe.
       
Chinese Style        I very like swimming.
American Style        I like swimming very much.
       
Chinese Style        Wait for your turn, please.
American Style        Wait your turn, please.
       
Chinese Style        What time is your watch.
American Style        What time is it by your watch.
       
Chinese Style        I don't know what did he say.
American Style        I don't know what he said.

No comments: