Common Mistakes 15 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        My father bought me a black small leather wallet yesterday.
American Style        My father bought me a small black leather wallet yesterday.
       
Chinese Style        Most of the time, it is difficult for Sam in finishing his work on time.
American Style        Most of the time, it is difficult for Sam to finish his work on time.
       
Chinese Style        These thugs are quite capable to do really hasty things.
American Style        These thugs are quite capable of doing really hasty things.
       
Chinese Style        I very enjoyed it.
American Style        I really enjoyed it.
       
Chinese Style        If you determine to make the grade in the entrance examination, you must work extra hard.
American Style        If you are determined to make the grade in the entrance examination, you must work extra hard.


Chinese Style        Please handle this gold watch carefully. It worths more than five thousand dollars.
American Style        Please handle this gold watch carefully. It is worth more than five thousand dollars.
       
Chinese Style        I ran into Maria yesterday morning. She looked healthily.
American Style        I ran into Maria yesterday morning. She looked healthy.
       
Chinese Style        I am the only son in the family. I have not brothers.
American Style        I am the only son in the family. I have no brothers.
       
Chinese Style        My borther has been busy in preparing for his final examination.
American Style        My brother has been busy preparing for his final examination.
       
Chinese Style        As the citizens of Hong Kong, we are necessary to help the police in their fight against crime.
American Style        As the citizens of Hong Kong, it is necessary for us to help the police in their fight against crime.
       
Chinese Style        The children were very dangerous as the knife-wielding madman was running amok in the kindergarten.
American Style        The children were in great danger as the knife-wielding madman was running amok in the kindergarten.

No comments: