Common Mistakes 27 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        The standard of living of Singapore people are reasonably high.
American Style        The standard of living of Singapore people is reasonablyhigh.
       
Chinese Style        I like apple.
American Style        I like apples.
       
Chinese Style        An American old couple visited him last week.
American Style        An old American couple visited him last week.
       
Chinese Style        Ball games is my hobby.
American Style        Ball games are my hobby.
       
Chinese Style        Ten thousand dollars are a large sum of money.
American Style        Ten thousand dollars is a large sum of money.

Chinese Style        Five years are much too long for me. I cannot wait.
American Style        Five years is much too long for me. I cannot wait.
       
Chinese Style        The clerk and typist have been with this company fortwo years.
American Style        The clerk and typist has been with this company for two years.
       
Chinese Style        The manager and the secretary was out.
American Style        The manager and the secretary were out.
       
Chinese Style        Neither they nor I are to blame for this mistake.
American Style        Neither they nor I am to blame for this mistake.
       
Chinese Style        Either of you have given me the gift.
American Style        Either of you has given me the gift.

No comments: