Common Mistakes 20 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        Congratulation ! You have passed the driving test at long last.
American Style        Congratulations ! You have passed the driving test at long last.
       
Chinese Style        I am afraid that this is the dirty mean to gain success.
American Style        I am afraid that this is the dirty means to gain success.
       
Chinese Style        Chinese are more conservative than English.
American Style        The Chinese are more conservative than the English.
       
Chinese Style        Cow is a useful animal.
American Style        The cow is a useful animal.
       
Chinese Style        I have got headache.
American Style        I have got a headache.
       
Chinese Style        Comparing with that in Singapore, the living standard in Hong Kong is very high.
American Style        Compared with that in Singapore, the living standard in Hong Kong is very high.

Chinese Style        Finishing his homework, Walters went to the football pitch with his friends.
American Style        After finishing his homework, Walters went to the football pitch with his friends.
       
Chinese Style        Sophia felt embarassing when I asked her how old she was.
American Style        Sophia felt embarassed when I asked her how old she was.
       
Chinese Style        It is more hygenic to drink boiling water.
American Style        It is more hygenic to drink boiled water.
       
Chinese Style        I have cut my hair at the barber's once a month.
American Style        I have my hair cut at he barber's once a month.
       
Chinese Style        I am sorry to have kept you waited.
American Style        I am sorry to have kept you waiting.

No comments: