Common Mistakes 8 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        They didn't understand my mind.
American Style        They didn't understand what I was thinking.
       
Chinese Style        This is where you mistake.
American Style        This is where you are mistaken.
       
Chinese Style        I felt good mood.
American Style        I am in a good mood.
       
Chinese Style        Please allow me more two hours.
American Style        Please allow me two more hours.
       
Chinese Style        My watch doesn't move at all. I must get it checked up.
American Style        My watch isn't running, I must get it checked up.
       
Chinese Style        We moved house to Johor last month.
American Style        We moved to Johor last month.


Chinese Style        He is our common friend.
American Style        He is our mutual friend.
       
Chinese Style        It was my first time to go abroad.
American Style        It was the first time I had gone abroad.
       
Chinese Style        While walking along the street, I met my friend.
American Style        While walking along the street, I met a friend of mine.
       
Chinese Style        My this book cost me nearly 300 dollars.
American Style        This book of mine cost me nearly 300 dollars.
       
Chinese Style        My room is narrow.
American Style        My room is small.
       
Chinese Style        I'll visit my native place for the first time in ten years this summer.
American Style        I'll visit my birth place for the first time in ten years this summer.

No comments: