Common Mistakes 4 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        Let's begin from page 10.
American Style        Let's begin at ( on ) page 10.
       
Chinese Style        Did you attend college ?
American Style        Did you go to college ?
       
Chinese Style        I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up to go.
American Style        I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up the idea.
       
Chinese Style        I'll go there at three.
American Style        I'll be there at three.
       
Chinese Style        I am going back my home.
American Style        I am going home.
       
Chinese Style        His temperature went down.
American Style        His temperature came down.


Chinese Style        I like green color.
American Style        I like green.
       
Chinese Style        Today's newspapers has his articles on Taiwan.
American Style        Today's newspapers carries his articles on Taiwan.
       
Chinese Style        Give me money, if you have.
American Style        Give me money, if you have any.
       
Chinese Style        You'll have a cold if you sleep with your window open.
American Style        You'll catch a cold if you sleep with your window open.
       
Chinese Style        Somebody's knocking on the door. Go and see who he is.
American Style        Somebody's knocking on the door. Go and see who it is.
       
Chinese Style        The head office is in Taipei.
American Style        The main office is in Taipei.

No comments: