Common Mistakes 6 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        I visited her ill mother in the hospital.
American Style        I visited her sick mother in the hospital.
       
Chinese Style        There is a limit in my patience.
American Style        There is a limit to my patience.
       
Chinese Style        Please wait inside the white line.
American Style        Please wait behind the white line.
       
Chinese Style        Is your house insured for fire ?
American Style        Is your house insured against fire ?
       
Chinese Style        I introduce Mr. Smith to you !
American Style        May I introduce Mr. Smith to you !
       
Chinese Style        She was first prize.
American Style        She took first prize.


Chinese Style        Do you have any automatic camera ? Yes I have it .
American Style        Do you have any automatic camera ? Yes, I have one.
       
Chinese Style        That was a traffic accident on my way here. It is why I was late.
American Style        That was a traffic accident on my way here. That is why I was late.
       
Chinese Style        She is wearing blue jeans pants.
American Style        She is wearing blue jeans.
       
Chinese Style        Keep the right.
American Style        Keep to the right.
       
Chinese Style        Last night I didn't keep my diary.
American Style        Last night I didn't write anything in my diary.
       
Chinese Style        The train was late about an hour.
American Style        The train was about an hour late.

No comments: