Common Mistakes 3 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        Don't step on the grass.
American Style        Keep off the grass.
       
Chinese Style        I get my salary twice a month.
American Style        I get paid twice a month..
       
Chinese Style        Would you like a drink ?
American Style        Would you like something to drink ?
       
Chinese Style        Let me examine your pulse.
American Style        Let me feel your pulse.
       
Chinese Style        I have no exercise talent.
American Style        I am not athletic.
       
Chinese Style        Don't expect me too much.
American Style        Don't expect too much from (of ) me.


Chinese Style        I know his face.
American Style        I know him by sight.
       
Chinese Style        I forget my hat in the house.
American Style        I left my hat in the house.
       
Chinese Style        Lend me some money, for instance 500 dollars, Lin
American Style        Lend me some money, say 500 dollars, Lin
       
Chinese Style        I have a free time.
American Style        I am free.
       
Chinese Style        The sun rises from the East.
American Style        The sun rises in the East.
       
Chinese Style        The thief got in from the window.
American Style        The thief got in through the window.

No comments: