Common Mistakes 19 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        Having not finished her housework, Mrs. Smith could not go window-shopping with her friends.
American Style        Not having finished her housework, Mrs. Smith could not go window-shopping with her friends.
       
Chinese Style        All the students are in interested in joining the club.
American Style        No student is interested in joining the club.
       
Chinese Style        I do not understand what is he talking about.
American Style        I do not understand what he is talking about.
       
Chinese Style        There were three thousands of spectators watching the final match.
American Style        There were three thousand spectators watching the  final match.
       
Chinese Style        I've got many homeworks to do.
American Style        I've got a lot of homework to do.

Chinese Style        I went shopping at CauseWay Bay yesterday and bought a trousers.
American Style        I went shopping at CauseWay Bay yesterday and bought a pair of trousers.
       
Chinese Style        There are more than four million peoples in Singapore..
American Style        There are more than four million people in Singapore.
       
Chinese Style        I feel boring.
American Style        I feel bored.
       
Chinese Style        Would you give me some advices before I go to the interview.
American Style        Would you give me some advice before I go to the interview.
       
Chinese Style        We went fishing last Saturday and John got five fishes.
American Style        We went fishing last Saturday and John got five fish.
       
Chinese Style        Typhoon Andrew has caused widespread damages to the crops.
American Style        Typhoon Andrew has caused widespread damage to the crops.

No comments: