Common Mistakes 26 (看你犯了这样的错误没有?)


Chinese Style        We have got such much to do but only so many hours in a day.
American Style        We have got so much to do but only so many hours in a day.
       
Chinese Style        The old man was walking towards the entrance although it had closed slowly.
American Style        The old man was walking slowly towards the entrance although it had closed.
       
Chinese Style        He has completed the course satisfactory.
American Style        He has completed the course satisfactorily.
       
Chinese Style        My sister treats the baby motherly.
American Style        My sister treats the baby in a motherly way.
       
Chinese Style        Please give me a detail description of the robbery.
American Style        Please give me a detailed description of the robbery.

Chinese Style        I want to know the detail of the plan.
American Style        I want to know the details of the plan.
       
Chinese Style        It was a long time before when I met her for the first time.
American Style        It was a long time ago when I met her for the first time.
       
Chinese Style        She has not told him her name ago.
American Style        She has not told him her name before.
       
Chinese Style        Judy, as well as Joei,  play the piano.
American Style        Judy, as well as Joei,  plays the piano.
       
Chinese Style        It is me who won the first prize last year.
American Style        It is I who won the first prize last year.

No comments: